Zucchetti’s success story first began in a small foundry in Valduggia (in the province of Vercelli) set up by Alfredo Zucchetti in 1929. Today the Zucchetti. Kos Group, led by Elena and Carlo, with cousins Marco and Paolo Zucchetti, consists of 4 factories and a logistics centre covering a total of 72,000 square metres, employing 400 people and producing 2 million articles every year.
The basic values of Zucchetti have always been innovation, design, and quality: the essential cornerstones that have guided the firm throughout its history. After an early phase manufacturing industrial valves and fittings, in 1950 the factory was converted to produce chrome sanitary taps. In the early 1950s the firm brought in Alfredo’s son Mario, an enlightened entrepreneur who went on to lead the company for nearly fifty years. Mario steered the company towards, technological and commercial advancement and major production development: he completed the large new headquarters at Gozzano (in the province of Novara) which he equipped with advanced manufacturing facilities, he exhibited the brand at the Milan trade fair and then, one by one, at all the other most important international trade fairs, Mario also opened the first Zucchetti export office, to conquer international markets engaged in the post-war reconstruction. The first significant overseas contracts came in 1958: Canada and Australia became important new markets for the firm.
In 1970 was founded the second company of the Group, Zucchetti Mario S.p.A., specialized in hot forging of brass and other metal alloys. While Omez S.p.A. dedicated to molding of plastics, was established in 1983.